Groundwater Sustainability Agency (GSA)
The District holds its regularly scheduled Board meetings on the third Tuesday of every month. SGMA and GSA matters are discussed during these meetings.
|Stakeholder Communication and Engagement Plan||SGMA FAQs||SGMA Comment Sheet|
Groundwater Sustainability Plan Development Workshops
- May 17 Workshop – 4 to 6 PM at the Mendota Branch Library. (Bilingual Translation Provided) Workshop materials are available here. (English, Español)
- May 3 Workshop – 10 AM at the Westlands’ Five Points Field Office. Workshop materials are available here.
- April 6, 2018 – SGMA Bilingual Community Workshop presentation materials (English / Español)
- February 9, 2018 – Special Board Meeting – SGMA Workshop presentation materials are available here.
- December 7, 2017 – Sustainable Management Criteria presentation is available here.
- December 21, 2016 – GSP development workshop presentations are available below for the Western, Central and Eastern hydrogeologic areas of the Westside Subbasin.
- October 31, 2016 – GSP development workshop presentation is available here.
Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA)
The “Sustainable Groundwater Management Act” (the “SGMA”) was recently signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown on September 16, 2014, and consists of three legislative bills: SB 1168, SB 1319 and AB 1739, which will allow true regulation of groundwater.
The main goal of each SGMA is to achieve sustainability thereby bringing each affected basin or sub-basin into balance.
Familiarize yourself with SGMA
Other Groundwater Related Information
Groundwater Legislation Memo – September 17, 2014
Additional information will be posted here as it becomes available. If you have any questions, please contact the Fresno Office at (559) 224-1523.