Notice is hereby given that a regular meeting of the Finance & Administration Committee of the Board of Directors of Westlands Water District will be held on February 15, 2022, at 9:30 a.m. at the District’s Fresno Office, 3130 N. Fresno Street, Fresno, California 93703.
Any member of the public may participate in the meeting through Zoom
Join the meeting from a computer, tablet or smartphone:
Meeting ID: 864 9971 5341
Dial-In Number: (253) 215-8782
Use the meeting id and passcode from above
After you join, please mute your line.
If you have problems using the Zoom prior to the start of the meeting, please contact the District’s IT staff at 559-224-1523 or email@example.com. Requests for assistance made during the meeting may not be responded to timely.
The California Department of Public Health is requiring masks to be worn in all indoor public settings, irrespective of vaccination status, through February 15, 2022. Masks will be required for all people attending the committee and Board of Director meetings.
Stan Nunn, Chair
Public Comment – Any member of the public may address the Committee concerning any matter on the agenda before or during its consideration of that matter. Public comment is limited to three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes per topic. For good cause, the Committee Chair may waive these limitations.
- Call to Order.
- Committee to Consider Corrections or Additions to the Agenda of Items, as authorized by Government Code Section 54950 et seq.
- Committee to Consider Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of January 18, 2021
- Committee to Consider Recommendation that the Board of Directors Approves the Accounts Payable Reports
- Committee to Consider Board of Directors’ February 15, 2022 Agenda Items:
- Hearing on Proposed Water Rates, Charges and Land-Based Charges
- Item 11a – Consider Resolution No. 109-22, Objecting to the Sale of Fresno County Tax-Defaulted Properties
- Item 11b – Consider Contract Between the District and Pleasant Valley Water District for the Transportation of Water and the Payment of Costs
- Item 11c – Consider the 2022-2023 Recommended Budget, Water Rates and Charges, Estimate of Obligations and Revenues, and Salary Schedule
- Item 11d – Consider a 2021-2022 Budget Transfer for Legal Expenses
- Item 11e – Consider a 2021-2022 Budget Augmentation for Purchase of Property Located at 286 W. Cromwell Avenue, Fresno, CA 93711
- Item 11f – Consider a 2021-2022 Budget Augmentation for Miscellaneous Revenues
- Item 11g – Consider Accounts Payable Reports
- Item 11h – Receive Report on Investment and Financial Reports
- Item 12 – Consider Appeal of Finance and Administration Committee Decision Regarding Waiver of Rules and Regulations, Terms and Conditions or Other District Financial Provisions by Patricia Cox
- Committee to Consider Requests for Waiver of Rules & Regulations, Terms and Conditions, or Other District Financial Provisions:
- Waiver of Advance Payment Monitoring Charges and Water Service Deposits by Bikram Singh
- Waiver of Interest, Penalties and Assessments by Sandridge Partners
- Committee to Consider Approval of a 2021-2022 Budget Transfer for Ag One Community Salute
- Committee to Consider Recommendation that the Board of Directors Approves Budget Transfers, Augmentations and Other Matters
- Committee to Consider a Recommendation that the Board of Directors Approves a 2021-2022 Budget Transfer for Legal Expenses
- Committee to Consider Recommendation that the Board of Directors Adopts the General Manager’s 2022-2023 Recommended Budget and Water Rates and Charges
- Committee to Receive Update on 2021-2022 Supplemental Water Rate
- Committee to Consider Water Supply and Supplemental Water Allocation
- Committee to Consider Allocation of System Gain
- Committee to Consider Recommendation that the Board of Directors Accepts Investment and Financial Reports
- Public Comment – Any member of the public may address the Committee concerning any matter not on the Agenda within the Committee’s jurisdiction. Public comment is limited to three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes per topic. For good cause, the Committee Chairperson may waive these limitations.
- Closed Session – The Committee will meet in closed session pursuant to the Government Code sections noted to discuss the following:
- Conference With Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) or (3) of subdivision (d) of Government Code Section 54956.9 – 1 potential cases
- Conference With Legal Counsel – Anticipated Litigation Initiation of Litigation Pursuant to paragraph (4) of Subdivision (d) of Government Code Section 54956.9 – 10 potential cases
- Report from Closed Session, if any, Required by Government Code Section 54957.1.
Order of Business
The order of business reflected in this Agenda is subject to change.
A person with a qualifying disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 may request the District provide a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to facilitate that person’s participation in any public meeting of the District. Such assistance includes appropriate alternative formats for the agendas and agenda packets used for any public meetings of the District. Requests for such assistance may be made in person at the District’s Fresno office, which is located at 3130 N. Fresno St., Fresno, California, by telephone (559-224-1523), facsimile (559-241-6277), or written correspondence addressed to Westlands Water District, Attn: Karen Clark, P.O. Box 6056, Fresno, California 93703. Notifications of at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will assist staff in assuring that reasonable arrangements can be made.
Remote Participation by Members of the Public
At this time, the District permits any member of the public to participate in meetings of its Board and Committees from any location by telephone or video, or both. Remote participation by members of the public from any location is offered as a courtesy and is not required by law. Telephone and internet access and reliability varies widely, and District staff may not be able to assist members of the public with technical difficulties. To avoid issues that may arise from participating remotely by phone or video, members of the public who wish to provide public comment are encouraged to attend in person at a noticed location.
At the appropriate time to provide the comment, members of the public wishing to comment will be acknowledged by the Chair of the meeting. Members of the public participating by video should use the “Raise Hand” tool located in Zoom meeting link when seeking to provide public comment on an item.
Written material related to an item on this agenda that is distributed less than 72 hours prior to this meeting to at least a majority of the members of the legislative body will be available for inspection during normal business hours at the District’s Fresno office, which is located at 3130 N. Fresno Street, Fresno, California.
Written material distributed during a public meeting will be available for public inspection at the meeting, if prepared by District staff or a member of its legislative body, or after the meeting if prepared by some other person.
Written materials related to an item on this agenda to be considered in open session that are public records and that are distributed less than 24 hours prior to the meeting will be made available for public inspection, (1) when distributed if said materials were prepared by the District or a member of the Board of Directors or (2) after the meeting if said materials were prepared by others, at the District’s Fresno office, 3130 N. Fresno St., Fresno, California during normal business hours.
A person with a qualifying disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 may request the District provide a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to participate in any public meeting of the District. Such assistance includes appropriate alternative formats for the agendas and agenda packets used for any public meetings of the District. Requests for such assistance and for agendas and agenda packets shall be made in person, by telephone, facsimile, or written correspondence.