The District holds its regularly scheduled Board meetings on the third Tuesday of every month. SGMA and GSA matters are discussed during these meetings. The Board Meeting Agenda is posted here. During item 10, the Board will be serving as the Groundwater Sustainability Agency of the Westside Subbasin.
Groundwater Sustainability Plan Adoption Hearing
- Wednesday, December 18, 2019 – 9:00 AM at Westlands Water District Fresno Office, Fresno, CA
- The next workshop is planned for the first quarter of 2020.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 – Draft GSP Overview.
- Tuesday, July 16, 2019 – Cost per Acre Comparison Presentation.
- Monday, June 24, 2019 – GSP Estimated Monitoring and Implementations Costs.
- Tuesday, May 21, 2019 – Monitoring Network, Minimum Thresholds and Measurable Objectives.
- Wednesday, April 3, 2019 – Groundwater Model Forecast Outputs and Augmentation Strategies Workshop
- Tuesday, February 19, 2019 – Draft Groundwater Management Areas and Allocation by Aquifer Concepts – Presentation available.
- Tuesday, October 16, 2018 – Draft Groundwater Management Strategy Hybird Concept – Presentation available.
- Tuesday, September 18, 2018 – Draft Groundwater Management Strategy – Concept presentation is available.
- Monday, September 17, 2018 – 9:00 AM at Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant – Ballroom, Coalinga (Bilingual Translation Provided)
Workshop materials are available here. (English, Español)
The meeting agenda is available here.
- Tuesday, August 14, 2018 – Draft Groundwater Allocation – Concept presentation is available here.
- Monday, July 16 Workshop – 10:00 AM at Harris Ranch Inn & Restaurant – Ballroom, Coalinga (Bilingual Translation Provided) Workshop materials are available here. (English, Español)
- May 17 Workshop – 4 to 6 PM at the Mendota Branch Library. (Bilingual Translation Provided) Workshop materials are available here. (English, Español)
- May 3 Workshop – 10 AM at the Westlands’ Five Points Field Office. Workshop materials are available (May 3 Workshop Materials).
- April 6, 2018 – SGMA Bilingual Community Workshop presentation materials (English / Español)
- February 9, 2018 – Special Board Meeting – SGMA Workshop presentation materials are available (February 9 Workshop Materials).
- December 7, 2017 – Sustainable Management Criteria presentation is available (December 7 Workshop Materials).
- December 21, 2016 – GSP development workshop presentations are available below for the Western, Central and Eastern hydrogeologic areas of the Westside Subbasin.
- October 31, 2016 – GSP development workshop presentation is available (October 31 Workshop Presentation).
Sustainable Groundwater Management Act (SGMA)
The “Sustainable Groundwater Management Act” (the “SGMA”) was recently signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown on September 16, 2014, and consists of three legislative bills: SB 1168, SB 1319 and AB 1739, which will allow true regulation of groundwater.
The main goal of each SGMA is to achieve sustainability thereby bringing each affected basin or sub-basin into balance.
Other Groundwater Related Information
Additional information will be posted here as it becomes available. If you have any questions, please contact the Fresno Office at (559) 224-1523.