Environmental documents are available during specific comment periods as described by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA).
Agricultural Aquifer Storage and Recovery Program
NOTICE OF INTENT TO ADOPT A MIGATED NEGATIVE DECLARATION BASED ON AN INITIAL STUDY
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Westlands Water District solicits public comment on the proposed adoption of a mitigated negative declaration for the Agricultural Aquifer Storage and Recovery Program proposed within Westlands Water District Boundary located in Fresno and Kings counties.
The WWD Board of Directors will conduct a public hearing to receive oral comments at a special Board meeting on October 3, 2019, beginning at 3:00 p.m. The Board will consider adoption of the Mitigated Negative Declaration immediately following the hearing.
The analysis of the regulatory basis for this proposed action is available for public inspection at the District’s office located at the address below or online.
Written comments on this project must be submitted within 30 days of the publication date of this notice to RUSS FREEMAN, DEPUTY GENERAL MANAGER-RESOURCES, WESTLANDS WATER DISTRICT, by mail to P.O. Box 6056 Fresno, CA 93703, or by courier to the District Office at 3130 N Fresno St, Fresno, CA 93703.
Shasta Dam Raise Project
Westlands is preparing an environmental impact report (EIR) under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for the Shasta Dam Raise Project (Project). Formerly known as the Shasta Lake Water Resources Investigation (SLWRI), the Project would increase the height of Shasta Dam by 18.5 feet and expand capacity of Shasta Lake by up to 634,000 acre feet.
Consistent with CEQA, Westlands issued a Notice of Preparation to develop the EIR on November 30, 2018, initiating a 30-day public comment (PRC §21091).
Westlands received comments from Federal, Tribal, State, and local governments; special interest groups; and the public to identify issues and concerns associated with the potential effects of implementing the Project.
Westlands hosted an open house and public scoping meeting to provide the public with information on the Project and to receive written scoping comments. The meeting was held on:
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 5:00 – 7:00 PM – Hilltop Holiday Inn, Palomino Room, 1900 Hilltop Drive, Redding, CA 96002
The open house portion of the meeting started at 5:00 and Westlands provided a presentation regarding the Project and EIR.
For more information on SLWRI visit: https://www.usbr.gov/mp/ncao/shasta-lake.html
Westlands Solar Park Draft Program EIR
Not Accepting comments.
- Final Program EIR on Westlands Solar Park Master Plan and Gen-Tie Corridors Plan (PDF)
- Addendum to Final Program EIR on Westlands Solar Park Master Plan and Gen-Tie Corridors Plan (PDF)
- Westlands Solar Park Draft Program EIR – Executive Summary (PDF)
- 0.1.WSP-DraftPEIR.Cover-TofC.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 0.2.WSP-DraftPEIR.Acronyms and Abbreviations.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 0.3.WSP-DraftPEIR.ES-Executive Summary.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 1.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.Introduction.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 2.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.ProjectDescription.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.1.WSP-DraftPEIR.Aesthetics.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.2.WSP-DraftPEIR.AgriculturalResources.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.3.WSP-DraftPEIR.AirQuality ClimateChange.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.4.WSP-DraftPEIR.BiologicalResources.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.5.WSP-DraftPEIR.CulturalResources.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.6.WSP-DraftPEIR.Geology-Soils.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.7.WSP-DraftPEIR.Hazards-Hazmat.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.8.WSP-DraftPEIR.Hydrology-WaterQuality.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.9.WSP-DraftPEIR.LandUse-Planning.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.10.WSP-DraftPEIR.Noise.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.11.WSP-DraftPEIR.Paleontological Resources.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.12.WSP-DraftPEIR.PublicServices.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.13.WSP-DraftPEIR.Transportation-Traffic.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.14.WSP-DraftPEIR.Utilities-ServiceSystems.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 4.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.EffectsFoundNotSignificant.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 5.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.AlternativesToProposedProject.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 6.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.Other CEQA Considerations.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 7.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.EIR Author+Consultants.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- WSP-DraftPEIR-App.A-MasterPlan.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- WSP-DraftPEIR-App.B-1.RevNOP.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- WSP-DraftPEIR-App.B-2.OrigNOP.Pt1.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- WSP-DraftPEIR-App.B-2.OrigNOP.Pt2.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- Download – Complete Volume 1 (PDF)
- Download – Complete Volume 2 (PDF)