Environmental documents are available during specific comment periods as described by the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) and the National Environmental Protection Act (NEPA).
Westlands Water District is currently accepting comments on the following documents:Sorry, there are no open comment periods at this time.
Shasta Dam Raise Project
Westlands is preparing an environmental impact report (EIR) under the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA) for the Shasta Dam Raise Project (Project). Formerly known as the Shasta Lake Water Resources Investigation (SLWRI), the Project would increase the height of Shasta Dam by 18.5 feet and expand capacity of Shasta Lake by up to 634,000 acre feet.
Consistent with CEQA, Westlands issued a Notice of Preparation to develop the EIR on November 30, 2018, initiating a 30-day public comment (PRC §21091). The Notice of Preparation and Initial Study are provided below.
Westlands is asking for comments from Federal, Tribal, State, and local governments; special interest groups; and the public to help identify issues and concerns associated with the potential effects of implementing the Project. The District is extending the comment period on the Notice of Preparation and Initial Study until Monday, January 14, 2019. A description of the extension is provided below.
Westlands hosted an open house and public scoping meeting to provide the public with information on the Project and to receive written scoping comments. The meeting was held on:
- Wednesday, December 12, 2018, 5:00 – 7:00 PM – Hilltop Holiday Inn, Palomino Room, 1900 Hilltop Drive, Redding, CA 96002
The open house portion of the meeting started at 5:00 and Westlands provided a presentation regarding the Project and EIR. Links to the presentation and open house posters are provided below.
Written comments can be submitted via the following methods:
- U.S. mail (postmarked by Jan. 14, 2019) or hand-delivery:
Shasta Dam Raise Project
3301 C Street, Suite 1900
Sacramento, CA 95816
- Email: email@example.com (received on or before 11:59 pm. Jan. 14, 2019)
For more information on SLWRI visit: https://www.usbr.gov/mp/ncao/shasta-lake.html
Westlands Solar Park Draft Program EIR
Not Accepting comments.
- Final Program EIR on Westlands Solar Park Master Plan and Gen-Tie Corridors Plan (PDF)
- Addendum to Final Program EIR on Westlands Solar Park Master Plan and Gen-Tie Corridors Plan (PDF)
- Westlands Solar Park Draft Program EIR – Executive Summary (PDF)
- 0.1.WSP-DraftPEIR.Cover-TofC.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 0.2.WSP-DraftPEIR.Acronyms and Abbreviations.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 0.3.WSP-DraftPEIR.ES-Executive Summary.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 1.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.Introduction.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 2.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.ProjectDescription.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.1.WSP-DraftPEIR.Aesthetics.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.2.WSP-DraftPEIR.AgriculturalResources.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.3.WSP-DraftPEIR.AirQuality ClimateChange.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.4.WSP-DraftPEIR.BiologicalResources.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.5.WSP-DraftPEIR.CulturalResources.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.6.WSP-DraftPEIR.Geology-Soils.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.7.WSP-DraftPEIR.Hazards-Hazmat.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.8.WSP-DraftPEIR.Hydrology-WaterQuality.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.9.WSP-DraftPEIR.LandUse-Planning.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.10.WSP-DraftPEIR.Noise.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.11.WSP-DraftPEIR.Paleontological Resources.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.12.WSP-DraftPEIR.PublicServices.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.13.WSP-DraftPEIR.Transportation-Traffic.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 3.14.WSP-DraftPEIR.Utilities-ServiceSystems.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 4.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.EffectsFoundNotSignificant.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 5.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.AlternativesToProposedProject.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 6.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.Other CEQA Considerations.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- 7.0.WSP-DraftPEIR.EIR Author+Consultants.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- WSP-DraftPEIR-App.A-MasterPlan.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- WSP-DraftPEIR-App.B-1.RevNOP.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- WSP-DraftPEIR-App.B-2.OrigNOP.Pt1.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- WSP-DraftPEIR-App.B-2.OrigNOP.Pt2.Oct-2017 (PDF)
- Download – Complete Volume 1 (PDF)
- Download – Complete Volume 2 (PDF)