Diana Martinez, Director of Human Resources
Phone: (559) 241-6205
To apply for a position listed below, you must print, complete and submit both the Supplemental Application and the Employment Application, no later than the filing deadline on the job announcement.
Employment Application (PDF)
If you are unable to click on the links above or print the application materials, contact the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Types of Positions
The District employs a qualified staff of individuals who possess the requisite training, education and experience to perform the various functions associated with District’s mission. Examples of District positions include, but are not limited to, Office Assistants, Maintenance Workers, Operators, High Voltage Electricians, Accountants, Mechanics, Engineers and Managers. Ideal candidates possess initiative, creativity, a strong work ethic, and the ability to contribute to the success of a well managed organization in a dynamic customer service oriented environment.
Salary Schedule (PDF)
The salary schedule provides information on the salary ranges of the employee classes and assigned bargaining unit.
How to Learn About Job Openings
Available positions are posted at each District Office and advertised on this website, Craigslist, Indeed, CalJOBS and occasionally on the Sunday edition of the Fresno Bee. To obtain more information about job openings, contact the Human Resource Department.
How to Apply for an Open Position
Application materials can be obtained on this site or by contacting the Human Resources Department. Applications are only accepted while a recruitment is being conducted for a position. Resumes may be attached to an application package; however, they are not accepted in lieu of an application.
When submitting an application for employment, be sure to read the instructions carefully to ensure you have fully completed the application package. All application forms are to be signed and dated by the applicant. To be eligible for consideration, the complete application package must be received in the Human Resources office by the filing deadline.
What is a Job Interest Card?
If you are interested in specific types of positions or one particular position, you can submit your name and address to the Human Resources Department by completing a job interest card. This information will be kept on file for a period of one year. If during that period of time a recruitment is conducted for the position, you will be notified of the vacancy and the application filing period. To complete a job interest card, contact the Human Resources Department or stop by one of our offices.
A selection process is devised for each open position which is job related, consistent with business necessity, and will help identify the best person for the job. Depending upon the nature of the position, a selection process may include, but is not limited to, a written or an oral examination, an interview, a background investigation, and a pre-employment physical which includes a substance abuse test.
An individual with a disability needing special assistance or reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the selection process should contact the Human Resources Department.
The District provides a comprehensive employee benefit package for all regular full-time employees which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and Long Term Disability insurance coverage. Employees share in the cost of dependent coverage for the medical and vision plans.
In addition to insurance benefits, the total compensation package for new District employees includes paid time off in the form of 12 days of annual leave and 8 to 10 days of medical leave. The District also observes 11 holidays per year.
Other benefits include membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System, a Deferred Compensation Plan, an Employee Assistance Program and a Section 125 Flexible Benefit Plan.
For more information regarding employee benefits, contact the Human Resources Department.
- RETIREMENT: CalPERS 2% at 62 plan. Unused medical leave can be converted up to six months of service credit upon service retirement.
- HEALTH BENEFITS: Six (6) medical benefit plans offered through CalPERS. The District participates in a HRA Plan and contributes a maximum of $382 towards the premium for the employee and the employee’s eligible family members (if applicable).
- DENTAL INSURANCE: The District contributes 100% of the premium for the employee and the employee’s eligible family members.
- VISION INSURANCE: The District contributes 100% of the premium for the employees; the District and the employee share the premium for the employee’s eligible family members.
- LIFE INSURANCE: The District contributes 100% of the premium for life insurance and AD&D in the amount one times the employee’s annual salary.
- DISABILITY INSURANCE: The District covers 100% of the premium for the employee.
- EAP: Provides counseling services free of charge to employee and immediate family members.
- SECTION 125, FLEXIBLE SPENDING PLAN: Provides premium conversion, dependent care and health care spending accounts at no cost to the employee.
- ANNUAL LEAVE: Annual leave is accrued at the rate of 12 days per year, increasing to 16 days per year after 5 years of service, and 20 days per year with 10 years of service.
- MEDICAL LEAVE: Medical leave accrual rates vary by bargaining unit. Accrual of medical leave is unlimited.
- HOLIDAYS: Eleven paid holidays per year.
The District does not participate in Social Security or SDI. The salary and benefits described herein do not represent a contract, and may be modified without notice.
Westlands Water District is an Equal Opportunity/ADA Employer