PARTICIPATION EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH BLUEJEANS.COM
Notice is hereby given that a regular meeting of the Finance & Administration Committee of the Board of Directors of the Westlands Water District will be held on May 19, 2020, at 10:00 a.m.
In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20, issued pursuant to the Governor’s State of Emergency proclamation, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will occur exclusively through BlueJeans.com.
Join the meeting from a computer, tablet or smartphone:
Join the Meeting: BlueJeans.com
Want to dial in from a phone?
Dial one of the following numbers:
+1.888.748.9073 (United States(Primary))
+1.844.540.8065 (United States(Primary))
+1.408.419.1715 (United States(San Jose))
+1.408.915.6290 (United States(San Jose))
Enter the meeting ID followed by #
929 746 592
Connecting from a room system?
Dial: bjn.vc or 220.127.116.11 and enter your meeting ID
ONCE YOU JOIN, PLEASE MUTE YOUR LINE.
At the beginning of the meeting, the Chair of the Finance & Administration Committee will provide instructions on how members of the public will be able to participate in the meeting. If you have problems using the BlueJeans.com prior to the start of the meeting, please contact the District’s IT staff at 559-224-1523 or email@example.com. Requests for assistance made during the meeting may not be responded to timely.
- Larry Enos, Chair
- Dan Errotabere
- Ryan Ferguson
- Stan Nunn
Public Comment – Any member of the public may address the Board concerning any matter on the agenda before or during its consideration of that matter. Public comment is limited to three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes per topic. For good cause, the Board President may waive these limitations.
- Call to Order
- Committee to Consider Corrections or Additions to the Agenda of Items, as authorized by Government Code Section 54950 et seq.
- Committee to Consider Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 16, 2020
- Committee to Consider Approval of Accounts Payable Reports
- Committee to Consider Board of Directors’ May 19, 2020 Agenda Items:
- Item 1 – Consider Adopting Resolution No. 111-20, Equalizing the District’s 2020 Benefit Assessment Book and setting the assessment rate
- Item 11a – Consider Adopting Resolution No. 116-20, Transferring Delinquent Charges to the 2020 Benefit Assessment Roll
- Item 11b – Consider Recommendation that the Board of Directors Approve Budget Transfers and Augmentations
- Item 11c – Consider Recommendation that the Board of Directors Approve Accounts Payable Reports
- Item 11d – Receive Report on Investments and Financial Reports
- Committee to Consider Requests for Waiver of Rules & Regulations, Terms and Conditions, or Other District Financial Provisions:
- Bikram Singh – Request to Waive Cap Loss Charges
- Committee to Consider Recommendation to the Board of Directors to Approve Budget Transfers, Augmentations and Other Matters:
- 2019-2020 Budget Transfer and Augmentation for Year End
- 2019-2020 Encumbered Funds Carried Forward
- Committee to Consider Recommendation to the Board of Directors to Accept Investment and Financial Reports
- Public Comment – Any member of the public may address the Committee concerning any matter not on the Agenda within the Committee’s jurisdiction. Public comment is limited to three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes per topic. For good cause, the Committee Chairperson may waive these limitations.
- Closed Session – The Committee will meet in closed session pursuant to the Government Code sections noted to discuss the following:
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) or (3) of subdivision (d) of Government Code Section 54956.9 – 2 potential cases
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION Initiation of Litigation Pursuant to paragraph (4) of Subdivision (d) of Government Code Section 54956.9 – 17 potential cases
- Report from Closed Session, if any, Required by Government Code Section 54957.1.
Order of Business
The order of business reflected in this Notice and Agenda is subject to change.
A person with a qualifying disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 may request the District provide a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to facilitate that person’s participation in any public meeting of the District. Such assistance includes appropriate alternative formats for the agendas and agenda packets used for any public meetings of the District. Requests for such assistance may be made in person at the District’s Fresno office, which is located at 3130 N. Fresno St., Fresno, California, by telephone (559-225-1523), facsimile (559-241-6277), or written correspondence addressed to Westlands Water District, Attn: Karen Clark, P.O. Box 6056, Fresno, California 93703. Notifications of at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will assist staff in assuring that reasonable arrangements can be made.
Written material related to an item on this agenda that is distributed less than 72 hours prior to this meeting to at least a majority of the members of the legislative body will be available for inspection during normal business hours at the District’s Fresno office, which is located at 3130 N. Fresno St., Fresno, California.
Written material distributed during a public meeting will be available for public inspection at the meeting, if prepared by the local agency or a member of its legislative body, or after the meeting if prepared by some other person.
“I, Original Signed by District Secretary, declare that the foregoing revised agenda for the May 19, 2020 regular meeting of the Westlands Water District Finance and Administration Committee was posted on May 14, 2020, at the District’s Fresno Office, 3130 N. Fresno Street, Fresno, CA 93703, at the District’s Five Points Field Office, 23050 W. Mt. Whitney Avenue, Five Points, CA 93624, and on the District’s website and was available for public inspection.”
Written materials related to an item on this agenda to be considered in open session that are public records and that are distributed less than 24 hours prior to the meeting will be made available for public inspection, (1) when distributed if said materials were prepared by the District or a member of the Board of Directors or (2) after the meeting if said materials were prepared by others, at the District’s Fresno office, 3130 N. Fresno St., Fresno, California during normal business hours.
A person with a qualifying disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 may request the District provide a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to participate in any public meeting of the District. Such assistance includes appropriate alternative formats for the agendas and agenda packets used for any public meetings of the District. Requests for such assistance and for agendas and agenda packets shall be made in person, by telephone, facsimile, or written correspondence.