Notice is hereby given that a regular meeting of the Finance & Administration Committee of the Board of Directors of Westlands Water District will be held on May 21, 2019, at 10:00 a.m., at the District’s Fresno Office, 3130 N. Fresno Street, Fresno, CA 93703.
- Larry Enos, Chairman
- Ryan Ferguson
- Stan Nunn
- Don Peracchi
Public Comment – Any member of the public may address the Board concerning any matter on the agenda before or during its consideration of that matter. Public comment is limited to three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes per topic. For good cause, the Board President may waive these limitations.
- Call to Order.
- Committee to Consider Corrections or Additions to the Agenda of Items, as authorized by Government Code Section 54950 et seq.
- Committee to Consider Approval of Minutes of the Regular Meeting of April 16, 2019.
- Committee to Consider Approval of Accounts Payable Reports.
- Committee to Consider Board of Directors’ May 21, 2019 Agenda Items:
- Item 1 – Equalization Hearing for the District’s 2019 Benefit Assessment.
- Item 11a – Consider Recommendation that the Board of Directors Approve the Revised Salary Code Table Retroactive to March 1, 2019
- Item 11b – Consider Resolution No. 115-19, Adding Unpaid Charges to the 2019 Benefit Assessments.
- Item 11c – Consider Recommendation that the Board of Directors Approve Budget Transfers and Augmentations.
- Item 11d – Consider Recommendation that the Board of Directors Approve Accounts Payable Reports.
- Item 11e – Receive Report on Investments and Financial Reports.
- Committee to Consider Requests for Waiver of Rules & Regulations, Terms and Conditions, or Other District Financial Provisions:
- Kenneth Faulkner Request to Defer Payment
- Committee to Consider Recommendation to the Board of Directors to Approve Budet Transfers, Augmentations and Other Matters:
- 2018-2019 Budget Transfer and Augmentation for Year End
- 2018-2019 Encumbered Funds Carried Forward
- 2019-2020 Budget Transfer for Consultant’s Preparation of an Environmental Impact Report Pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act for the Shasta Dam Raise
- 2019-2020 Budget Augmentation for Proposition 1 Monitoring Well Construction Project Bid Update
- 2019-2020 Budget Transfer – Contribution to Chronicles Group Forest Management Video Production
- Committee to Consider San Luis & Delta-Mendota Water Authority 2016 Water Year Refund
- Committee to Consider Financial Aspects of Lost Water
- Committee to Consider Draft Request for Proposal for Underwriting Services
- Committee to Consider Recommendation that the Board of Directors Accept Investment and Financial Reports.
- Public Comment – Any member of the public may address the Committee concerning any matter not on the Agenda within the Committee’s jurisdiction. Public comment is limited to three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes per topic. For good cause, the Committee Chairperson may waive these limitations.
- Closed Session – The Committee will meet in closed session pursuant to the Government Code sections noted to discuss the following:
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION Significant exposure to litigation pursuant to paragraph (2) or (3) of subdivision (d) of Government Code Section 54956.9 – 2 potential cases
- CONFERENCE WITH LEGAL COUNSEL – ANTICIPATED LITIGATION Initiation of Litigation Pursuant to paragraph (4) of Subdivision (d) of Government Code Section 54956.9 – 9 potential cases
- Report from Closed Session, if any, Required by Government Code Section 54957.1.
“I, Original Signed by District Secretary, declare that the foregoing agenda for the May 21, 2019 regular meeting of the Westlands Water District Finance and Administration Committee was posted on May 17, 2019, at the District’s Fresno Office, 3130 N. Fresno Street, Fresno, CA 93703, at the District’s Five Points Field Office, 23050 W. Mt. Whitney Avenue, Five Points, CA 93624, and on the District’s website and was available for public inspection.
Written materials related to an item on this agenda to be considered in open session that are public records and that are distributed less than 24 hours prior to the meeting will be made available for public inspection, (1) when distributed if said materials were prepared by the District or a member of the Board of Directors or (2) after the meeting if said materials were prepared by others, at the District’s Fresno office, 3130 N. Fresno St., Fresno, California during normal business hours.
A person with a qualifying disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 may request the District provide a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to participate in any public meeting of the District. Such assistance includes appropriate alternative formats for the agendas and agenda packets used for any public meetings of the District. Requests for such assistance and for agendas and agenda packets shall be made in person, by telephone, facsimile, or written correspondence.