PARTICIPATION EXCLUSIVELY THROUGH ZOOM
Notice is hereby given that a meeting of the Operations & Maintenance Committee of the Board of Directors of Westlands Water District will be held on January 5, 2021 at 8:00 a.m.
In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Order N-29-20, issued pursuant to the Governor’s State of Emergency proclamation, and in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, this meeting will occur exclusively through Zoom.
Join the meeting from a computer, tablet or smartphone:
Meeting ID: 975 8299 8772
One tap mobile
+16699009128,,97582998772#,,,,,,*3130# US (San Jose)
Dial by your location
+1 669 900 9128 US (San Jose)
Meeting ID: 975 8299 8772
Find your local number: here
After You Join, Please Mute Your Line.
If you have problems using the Zoom prior to the start of the meeting, please contact the District’s IT staff at 559-224-1523 or email@example.com. Requests for assistance made during the meeting may not be responded to timely.
At the beginning of the meeting, the Chair of the Committee will provide instructions on how members of the public will be able to participate in the meeting.
- Frank Coelho, Jr., Chairman
- Jim Anderson
- Ryan Ferguson
- Dan Errotabere
Public Comment – Any member of the public may address the Board concerning any matter on the agenda before or during its consideration of that matter. Public comment is limited to three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes per topic. For good cause, the Board President may waive these limitations.
- Call to Order
- Committee to Consider Corrections or Additions to the Agenda of Items, as Authorized by Government Code Section 54950 et seq.
- Committee to Consider Approval of the Minutes of the Meeting of October 27, 2020
- Committee to Receive Update on Activities of the Operation & Maintenance Division, Including but not limited to: safety accomplishments, goals and responsibilities, groundwater well metering, large diameter valve replacement, painting of facilities, traveling water screen rehabilitation, various work at the Pleasant Valley Pumping Plant and the Coalinga Canal, USBR activities, Underground Service Alerts, pumping plant subsidence, maintenance of the Five Points facility, the Canal Integration Program site conversions, and RPM pipe replacement
- Committee to Consider Approval of the 2021-2022 Budget for the Operations and Maintenance Division, Subject to any Revisions, and Direct Staff to Incorporate Same in the General Manager’s 2021-22 Proposed Budget to be Considered by the Finance and Administration Committee
- Public Comment – Any member of the public may address the Committee concerning any matter not on the agenda within the Committee’s jurisdiction. Public comment is limited to three minutes per person and no more than fifteen minutes per topic. For good cause, the Committee Chairman may waive these limitations
Order of Business
The order of business reflected in this Notice and Agenda is subject to change.
A person with a qualifying disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 may request the District provide a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to facilitate that person’s participation in any public meeting of the District. Such assistance includes appropriate alternative formats for the agendas and agenda packets used for any public meetings of the District. Requests for such assistance may be made in person at the District’s Fresno office, which is located at 3130 N. Fresno St., Fresno, California, by telephone (559-225-1523), facsimile (559-241-6277), or written correspondence addressed to Westlands Water District, Attn: Karen Clark, P.O. Box 6056, Fresno, California 93703. Notifications of at least 48 hours prior to the meeting will assist staff in assuring that reasonable arrangements can be made.
Written material related to an item on this agenda that is distributed less than 72 hours prior to this meeting to at least a majority of the members of the legislative body will be available for inspection during normal business hours at the District’s Fresno office, which is located at 3130 N. Fresno St., Fresno, California.
Written material distributed during a public meeting will be available for public inspection at the meeting, if prepared by the local agency or a member of its legislative body, or after the meeting if prepared by some other person.
“I, Original Signed by District Secretary, declare that the foregoing agenda for the January 5, 2021 meeting of the Westlands Water District Operations and Maintenance Committee was posted on December 30,2020, at the District’s Fresno Office, 3130 N. Fresno Street, Fresno, CA 93703, at the District’s Five Points Field Office, 23050 W. Mt. Whitney Avenue, Five Points, CA 93624, and on the District’s website and was available for public inspection.”
Written materials related to an item on this agenda to be considered in open session that are public records and that are distributed less than 24 hours prior to the meeting will be made available for public inspection, (1) when distributed if said materials were prepared by the District or a member of the Board of Directors or (2) after the meeting if said materials were prepared by others, at the District’s Fresno office, 3130 N. Fresno St., Fresno, California during normal business hours.
A person with a qualifying disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 may request the District provide a disability-related modification or accommodation in order to participate in any public meeting of the District. Such assistance includes appropriate alternative formats for the agendas and agenda packets used for any public meetings of the District. Requests for such assistance and for agendas and agenda packets shall be made in person, by telephone, facsimile, or written correspondence.