District Election Information
The District’s all-mail election for the Board of Directors will take place on October 24, 2017. Ballots have been mailed to each District landowner. The District will begin the processing of ballots on October 25, 2017 and continue through October 27, 2017. A final tally of the ballots will be announced the following week. For additional information, reference Notice #519 dated September 28, 2017, or contact Deborah Tuggle (559) 241-6212, Lucinda Anderson (559) 241-6218, or call toll-free (800) 266-6574.
2017-2018 CVP Water Supply Update
The CVP currently has approximately 8.36 million acre-feet (AF) of water stored in northern CVP reservoirs. This represents 145 percent of the 15-year average. Storage in Shasta Reservoir is approximately 3.26 million AF; 137 percent of the 15-year average. Federal storage in San Luis Reservoir is approximately 723,000 AF; 231 percent of the 15-year average. Jones Pumping Plant is currently operating at capacity and pumped approximately 156,000 AF thus far in October. The current Agricultural Water Rate for 2017-2018 CVP water is $160.18 per AF. There remains some unallocated 2017-2018 CVP water available.
2018-2019 Rescheduling Outlook
Reclamation established a Rescheduled Water cap of 150,000 AF. The cap will limit the District’s share of Rescheduled Water into the 2018-2019 water contract year to about 100,000 AF. The District forecasts approximately 400,000 AF will be remaining in water users’ accounts at the end of the current water year. Based on the District’s current forecast, at least 300,000 AF would be lost. Losses are applied at the end of the Rescheduling Period, according to the District’s Rescheduled Water Policy.
Please Note: The District modified the application of loss method within the Rescheduling Policy from a loss proration based on volume (acre-feet) to a loss based on volume per acre (acre-feet/acre), from highest to lowest. That loss will be applied in the following order and manner:
- Any remaining Rescheduled Water in excess of the Acreage Based Cap (0.5 acre-feet per irrigable acre).
- Water rescheduled by the District.
- Remaining Rescheduled Water.
- Delivered Rescheduled Water in excess of the Acreage Based Cap.
- Delivered Rescheduled Water within the Acreage Based Cap
You are encouraged to log-in to your Westlands Water User account to track supply and plan your use for the remainder of the water contract year to avoid loss of allocated water. You are strongly encouraged to consider delivering surface water in-lieu of pumping groundwater. The Rescheduling Policy provides that for lost water, Water Users shall pay for any costs the District incurs, the San Luis & Delta-Mendota Water Authority O&M rate and any applicable District rates.
2017 Benefit Assessment
Assessment bills for the 2017 Benefit Assessment will be mailed in October and will be delinquent on March 19, 2018. A five percent penalty will be added after the delinquent date, and water service will not be provided. Please contact Deborah Tuggle at (559) 241-6212 for additional information about assessments.
Sustainable Groundwater Management Act
The District’s Groundwater Sustainability Plan (GSP) Water User’s Technical Group will meet on December 7, 2017, to discuss the technical side of the District’s GSP development. If you are interested in participating in the District’s GSP development, contact Kiti Campbell at (559) 241-6226 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Westlands Solar Park (WSP) Master Plan and WSP Gen-Tie Corridors Plan Draft Program Environmental Impact Report (PEIR)
WSP Master Plan and WSP Gen-Tie Corridors Plan PEIR covers 21,000 acres of solar development in the District and two 11.5-mile gen-tie segments from WSP to Gates Substation. The Draft PEIR was released for public review on October 17, 2017 and is posted on the District’s website. Release of the Draft PEIR, requires a 45-day comment period, which will conclude on November 30, 2017. The District is acting as Lead Agency under the California Environmental Quality Act for this project.
Naval Facilities Engineering Command Southwest has provided the enclosed announcement informing interested bidders about Department of the Navy Agricultural Leases as Naval Air Station Lemoore. Please use the contact information in the announcement if you have any questions about the agricultural lease program.
DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY ADVERTISEMENT FOR REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL TO LEASE GOVERNMENT LANDS FOR AGRICULTURAL PURPOSES
- The Department of the Navy, Naval Facilities Engineering Command, Southwest, proposes to lease Government owned land for agricultural purposes located at Naval Air Station Lemoore, CA under the process and terms outlined in the Invitation for Bid (IFB).
- Sealed bid and deposit must be received at Naval Facilities Engineering Command Southwest, ATTN: Erin Wilson, Real Estate, Code JV10.EW, 1220 Pacific Highway, San Diego, California, 92132-5190, by 2:00 P.M. Pacific Time, on WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2017. The bid opening will be conducted via a live conference call ONLY at 2:00 P.M. Pacific Time on WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 25, 2017. As there will be no public access to the conference center, refer to call-in information in the IFB to listen to the actual bid opening. Bids will NOT be accepted after 2:00 P.M. FAX COPIES OF PROPOSALS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED RESPONSIVE.
- DESCRIPTION OF PROPERTY
|IFB Number||Lease Term|
Field 6 &7
|+/- 494.4 Total |
|N62473LO10660||One (1) Five-year |
Jan 1, 2018 – Dec 31, 2022
One (1) Five-year
Jan 1, 2023 – Dec 31, 2027
|Not to exceed Ten |
- IFB package and instructions will be posted electronically on Navy Electronic Commerce Online (NECO). Interested bidders can view the IFB package by parcel number, print, and submit the completed Bid Form with a bid deposit.
- Interested bidders can access the following NECO website and proceed with the following steps:
- Search Synopsis
- Under NAICS Code scroll down to: “111 – Crop Production”
- Click on “Search” at bottom of page.
- Click on “NAS Lemoore Parcel 4A14/4A61 Field 6&7”
- Click on “View Solicitation.”
- Under the Line Items section, download the file listed.
- The IFB documents must be reviewed thoroughly.
- Print the IFB documents, which include the Bid Form in the downloaded file.
- Complete and submit bid according to instructions outlined in the IFB.
- If you are a registered user on NECO, you may add yourself to the Plan Holder List. The Plan Holder List will notify you if there are any updates or amendments to the advertisement. To add yourself to the Plan Holder List: after you click on View Solicitation, locate Plan Holder List (below Issue Date) and click on “Add/Del.”
- If you have any questions, please contact Erin Wilson, Realty Specialist, at (619) 532-3889 or via email at email@example.com.
- The Department of the Navy reserves the right not to award the Lease.
Lease of District Owned Land
The District currently has approximately 14,000 acres of land available for lease. For a detailed list of available land, please contact Cork McIsaac of Agriculture Industries, Inc. at (916) 372- 5595 or (800) 822-1415.
Bollibokka Fishing Club Reservations for 2018
Planning is underway for the 2018 season of the Bollibokka Fishing Club. The early reservation period opens to landowners and water users beginning on November 1, 2017, and continues through January 31, 2018. Please see the attached flyer for further information about the Bollibokka Fishing Club and how to make reservations.
Bollibokka Fishing Club Reservations for 2018
Reservations are being accepted for the Bollibokka Fishing Club for the 2018 season. The Club property was acquired by the District in 2006 to facilitate the raising of Shasta Dam. Until the Dam project is undertaken by the United States, the District is committed to operating the existing fishing club. In addition to past users of the Club, all District landowners and water users are given first opportunity to reserve a fishing date.
The Club property is very private, located along seven miles of the McCloud River immediately upstream of Shasta Lake. The McCloud River is esteemed for its beauty and has been known to have some of the best trout fishing in the world. In order to protect this unique fishery, all fishing is catch and release, fly only, barbless hooks. The fishing season begins on April 28, 2018, and ends on November 18, 2018.
If you are interested in reserving a week for a fishing trip to Bollibokka, please review the following information and contact the Club manager listed below. Remember that for reservation purposes the week begins on Wednesday morning and ends at sunset on the following Monday. The Club is closed on Tuesday for cleaning unless reserved for consecutive weeks.
This early opportunity to reserve a week at the Club ends on January 31, 2018, when reservations will be open to the general public. There are two accommodations available for rent on the property:
- The Way Station is located on the upper two miles of the property. The Way Station can accommodate up to six guests. The cost is $4,410 per week.
- The Club House and Rock House are located on the lower five miles of the property. The two buildings can accommodate ten and four guests, respectively. The cost is $7,350 per week.
The District utilizes the experienced fly fishing services of The Fly Shop in Redding, California to handle Club management activities. The Fly Shop will coordinate all uses of the property. It has associations with many fly fishing guides familiar with the McCloud.
The Fly Shop will try to accommodate all reservation requests on a first come, first serve basis. Once your reservation is accepted, The Fly Shop will provide a Confirmation Package, which contains directions to the facilities, updated policies, information on cooking and cleaning services and additional contact information. Payment for your stay should be made directly to The Fly Shop.
Holiday Office Closures & Water Ordering Procedures
District offices will be closed on Friday, November 10, 2017, in observance of Veterans Day, and closed on Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24, in observance of the Thanksgiving holiday. The affected water ordering deadlines are as follows:
|For Water Use On||Places Water Order By|
|Friday or Saturday – November 10 or 11||Thursday, November 9, |
|Sunday or Monday – November 12 or 13||Thursday, November 9, |
|Thursday or Friday – November 23 or 24||Wednesday, November 22, 9:30 a.m.|
|Saturday, Sunday or Monday – November 25 or 26 and 27||Wednesday, November 22, noon|
The emergency telephone number for after hours and holidays is (559) 224-1523.